Style

something to say.

Life is full of different things to do, see and wear. This is a blog about clothes I love, places I've been, and people I know. These are my feelings, and my inspiration. Maybe they're yours too.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Dear Maimuna

I have never met Maimuna Memon but this is the letter I would write to her if I had the courage the lick the seal and send it.
To My Dear Maimuna,
I have been a huge, huge fan of yours ever since I heard you sing on Australia's Got Talent, I was filled with some sort of stereotypical American soaring-eagle type pride and joy. Your voice is so beautiful, and your lyrics and music are so heartfelt and honest in a way that no other musical ensemble could be.
I saw you one day, actually. I was literally trembling on the diving block at Ipswich Boys Grammar pool when I realised that the awesomely gorgeous person standing under the shadecloth was you. Maimuna Memon. The girl with the coolest accent ever. The one with the style I envy and am inspired by the most.
Standing there was my idol. Standing there, was you.
I have a few friends from Girls Grammar School, and they know you I believe, (the Elshaw family).
I honestly did not believe it. Because I know you might just be normal, but you really are my inspiration. I strive to be like you, not just for your unnatural beauty, but for your clear goals, your friendly personality, and for your confidence and your committment to what you do.
I was in awe.
Let me tell you, I didn't at first know for sure if it was you, but as soon as I saw your face I knew it couldn't be anyone else. You are very identifiable.
I literally ran over to my awaiting mother after my swimming session grinned, "Mum, I think that was Maimuna off of Australia's Got Talent!".
I just wanted to write this to you, to show you that who you are really matters, and you are an idol and the inspiration of many, many girls around Australia, I'm sure.
Please keep doing what you love, and I will be first in line at your autograph table when you are signing copies of your #1 album!
Much Love Always,
Your Absolute Number One Hardcore and Adoring Fan,
Dana!

Now for my awesome readers, here is a link to a YouTube vid of their first performance on Australia's Got Talent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlL_gr4uXrs 
Thanks a bunch,
xoxo

1 comment: